Tuesday, January 5, 2016

E's Bedroom

Welcome back, everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season. Ours was full of fun, family, friends, and food -  just perfect.

Sadly though, the time has come to transition out of wearing yoga pants every day and eating treats all the time, so to jump start 2016 I thought I'd start with a fun room tour of one of the prettiest spaces in our home - E's bedroom.

I'm not sure if she realizes it quite yet, but E has got a room that I would have absolutely been crazy about as a young lady. I'm certain this means we're on track for a Minnie-Mouse- or Frozen-themed bedding request from her once she realizes how to push my decor buttons. But, I digress. Onto the pretty pictures :)

I absolutely love the light in her room, courtesy of the big double window, and the slightly angled ceiling detail is fun too: 


The walls are Benjamin Moore Ballet Slipper, which is the perfect pale pink. The rug was actually from her nursery in our old house, and I cannot remember where I purchased it. The giant giraffe is the first item we purchased for her room before she was born. The cute little wicker elephant is a hamper from Home Decorators

E's crib (yes, she's still in a crib, and no, we're not moving her until we absolutely have to) is from Bratt Decor and I'd highly recommend it. 



It's super-sturdy because it's solid iron, and it was the prettiest one I could find. It converts to a toddler bed, so once we are ready to give up full confinement we'll still be able to use it for a time.

I pulled together this mini gallery wall combining a few nicer prints with things from Michaels and/or Hobby Lobby, or in a couple of cases, just by framing pieces of scrapbook paper that I really liked. 



As she gets older and I can trust that she won't destroy the things in her room, we'll swap some of the lesser pieces out for nicer artwork.

The Somewhere Over the Rainbow print is special since we used that song as our Wedding Processional, and it gives me all the feels to see it now in her room.

Everyone knows a rocker (or glider) is essential in any nursery, and we use this one (can't remember where it's from - sorry!) all the time and still love it. At the time I bought it, it was super difficult to find a non-traditional rocker, and I remember hunting all over the internets to find this one, but now I see them all the time, even at readily-accessible places like PB Kids. 



The artwork above the chair is a piece by a local artist we bought at an auction, and the white leather pouf is from Serena and Lily, as is the little elephant side table.

The window treatment in E's room is a roller shade from, of all places, Lowe's! I didn't have high hopes when I started looking at their options, but surprisingly they have some really nice fabrics from which to choose, and offer the ability to add custom details to make it look a little more special. The pelmet cover with braided trim is a really nice touch that I'm so glad I added.




My trusty assistant always has to get into at least one picture :)

You'll also notice the dresser still has a changer on it, but hopefully not for much longer! One of my more expert mom friends recently gave me the great advice that it's actually much more about when mom is ready rather than when baby is ready. I'm trying to keep that in mind, but it's SO HARD - diapers are so easy! 



Probably the most fun corner of E's room is this one:


The pink ombre tent gets a lot of play from both E and Murphy. It's the perfect place to hang out and read or pretend to nap. It's from Land of Nod and the green version is on sale now here

The last major piece in the room is the bookcase:


It's full of lots of fun little bits and bobs, and of course plenty of books for bedtime stories too.


The adorable leather hippo bookends are another great Serena and Lily find. The books between them are a vintage set of Nancy Drew mysteries, which were my absolute favorite when I was younger (#nerdalert). Here's hoping E likes them in a few years too.

Lots of little pieces (mostly vintage) I've been collecting for E since she was born: 


Although this isn't the final version of E's big girl room, I tried to use many pieces that I thought would grow up well with her and create a room that is appropriate for a little girl without seeming too babyish. 

Thanks so much for reading, and check back soon for more room updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment