Friday, January 8, 2016

Tremendous Trims

Adding trim to upholstered pieces is a great way to dress them up, add a level of interest, and tie together various elements in a room. Trim adds dimension to a room and helps create that layered and "designed" look to which many of us aspire. 

I love using trim on things like curtains and lampshades, but it also looks great on furniture and pillows. 

I've used trim in a few places in my house, and after putting this post together, I'm thinking I'll be adding it to a few more :) 

This fun ball trim on the TV room roman shade is so perfect for the room and the shade fabric:



This one I really like, because the lampshade is also lined in metallic gold paper. I think the gold and black ribbon trim really takes it over the top.



I have two of these matching lamps with plain grey linen lampshades on my entry table. They are just basic shades from Target, but I dressed them up with a little bit of ribbon trim in a grey and white Greek key pattern. I think they turned out great! I am SO not a DIYer, but even I can manage one as simple and pretty as this!




Here are a few trimmed pieces I found via my old friend Pinterest that I absolutely adore as well:


Of course Tory Burch's sofa is 100% perfect in every way! I love everything about this, from the green velvet, to the stunning patterned trim tape, to the tiger velvet bolster pillow!


Via the Enchanted Home - this one is a little more traditional than my taste, but I love the perfectly done box pleat skirt and contrast welting!

To create her first Paris apartment, a Middle Eastern princess turns to designer Jean-Louis Deniot, who conjures a fresh, fanciful, and feminine take on traditional elegance.:

That'll do!

For the upstairs hallway, Christopher Nutter channeled a look of cheerful chinoiserie with hand-painted walls by Gary Goldberg, a scalloped lantern by Coleen & Company, and white bamboo trellis armchairs.:


Matching curtains and table skirt is just spectacular (that wallpaper that looks like deGournay isn't bad either!)!

Patterned border on side of shade:

This bedroom looks stunning, but the roman shade with a large, dramatic trim added takes it over the top. 

Designer Profile | Kapito Muller Interiors:

Another example of gorgeous draperies with a really wide trim.

I recently fell down a bit of a trim rabbit hole while looking for trim to add to the simple green linen curtains I'm having made for the office. There are some truly stunning options out there, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites here, mostly from Samuel and Sons, Scalamandre, and Clarence House: 


Samuel and Sons Passementerie
So pretty as a pop of color on neutral fabric. 

design indulgence: SERENBE DESIGNER SHOWHOUSE:
I love the mixture of textures and materials in this one. 

So pretty in the various shades of blue. 
Linen-and-wool trimmings from Samuel & Sons’ Corinthia collection:
The saturated colors here kill me. So gorgeous!

Samuel and Sons Passementerie

I'm dying to use this one somewhere, even though the colors aren't appropriate for my house at all!


Samuel and Sons Passementerie

This one, however, works perfectly in my home and I want to design an entire room around it!

Samuel and Sons Passementerie
The top contender for my office trim.

Samuel and Sons Passementerie

Love how graphic and kind of mod this one is. 

What do you think of trim? Do you have any pieces in your home that you'd like to perk up with upholstered trim? 

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment